Monmouth County, NJ
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /hour
Friends of Cyrus provides services to clients in their home environment that fosters the client’s independence, dignity, privacy, choice, and individuality. Services are provided in a safe and dignified manner that assists the client to maintain the highest level of physical, mental and psychosocial well being.
We are currently seeking qualified and dedicated professionals to provide in-home Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services to children, youth, and young adults on the autism spectrum or other developmental disabilities who are in need of assistance to reduce challenging behaviors. Services are provided under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). As a behavior technician, you will help to teach socially appropriate behaviors to help foster independence.
- Helping clients to achieve individual goals
- Implement behavior support plans
- Data Collection (training provided)
- Implement Positive Behavioral Supports
- Assist with daily living skills and social skills
- Ideal applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, special education, guidance and counseling, social work or a related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with children and or adolescents with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with families and other professionals.
- Must have proof of reliable transportation, driver’s license, and valid car insurance
- Need to be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check
- The behavior technician position is a part-time position. The average work week is 12 hours per week, typically 2 hours per day, after school hours and/or on weekends.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training opportunities
- Ongoing Supervision and BCBA mentorship
- Performance and attendance incentive program with a choice of rewards such as gift cards and bonuses
- Hours: hours are flexible between 2-7pm weekdays and some weekends.
- Competitive hourly compensation starting at $18
- In-home cases throughout the state of NJ, any are within close proximity to your home.
Job Type: Part-time
Case Location: Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Go to all jobs